Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Homeschooling


This year to homeschool the youngest, we have chosen to use Switched On Schoolhouse. He seems to be enjoying it. As long as we get started right away in the morning, he works right along and gets his assignments done. If we delay getting started, I have to sit with him more and encourage him to complete all the assingments. I am amazed at how simple it is for the teacher. After spending years figuring out my own curriculum, I am now asking myself "Why didn't I do this sooner?" We are covering 5 subjects and still have time to add in extra things like typing practice and library reading. The subjects aren't covered as thoroughly as if I were doing a unit study on them, but thoroughly enough. Meanwhile, his typing has greatly improved and he is learning to take some of the responsibility for his own education.

www.aop.com

No comments: