Monday, October 20, 2008

Civil Air Patrol


TJ has been in Anchorage for the weekend with Civil Air Patrol. I am very impressed with this program. They have covered all the expenses of this trip, air fare, hotel, and meals for four days. I had never heard of CAP before, but they are the auxiliary of the Air Force. If TJ choses to continue in the program, through his high school years, and then goes into the military (Air Force or Coast Guard) he will go in as an E3. A significant pay raise. Meanwhile, he has some excellent opportunities to learn some leadership skills and make friends. It seems to really fit with his personality.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Hey girl when did you do this. TJ looks go grown up!
Love ya

Stacey said...

Katie nice blog!!! I love our's. when I'm at work and Stacey writes on it I can read it on my days off. I wish I could be there for everything Too. I was looking at tj photo, he's a big boy! growing up. I don't know how long they had c.a.p. but when i was 10. 2 of my close friends were both in C.A.P this would of been 1980. please don't include this math problem into school :)
Love you guys
see ya Jim